Boko Haram: Terrorist sect Denies Post-Ceasefire Attacks
Foreign Affairs Minister, Aminu Wali stated on Monday, October 27 that members of the group had attributed the post-ceasefire attacks to “other rogues and criminals”, Reuters reports.
Wali said this while assuring that negotiations were still ongoing between Nigeria and Boko Haram to secure the release of the over 200 girls abducted by the group in April.
He told journalists after a meeting French Foreign Minister,Laurent Fabius:
“There are still negotiations going on and we expect a lot of progress to be made. Soon we will announce exactly where we are.”
“Boko Haram are saying that those ones (attacks) were done by other rogues and criminals … Kidnapping has being going on in Nigeria for some time … by miscreants.”
“But certainly this is not something that will threaten the negotiations going on. And we will make an effort also to bring back those that have been kidnapped.”
The Nigerian government announced on October 17 that a ceasefire agreement had been reached with Boko Haram but the battle for supremacy between the country’s troops and the sect have continued.